Thanks to everyone who has logged on to the Weather Nets for this busy sever weather season, your contributions have been much appreciated.
In order to maximize the effectiveness of the weather net, and ensure the most important information is communicated back to the National Weather Service, I’d like to remind everyone of the proper reporting criteria outlined below. Please refer to the Weather Page (on the menu above) or contact me for more information.
Also, I have made up several copies of the NWS SKYWARN Reference cards. If you’d like a copy, please let me know and I’ll get one to you.
Thanks and 73,
Wayne Johnson, W5OFN, Senior SKYWARN Coordinator
What to Report:
- Funnel Clouds
- Rotating Wall Clouds
- Hail – 1″ (Quarter Size) or larger
- Wind Gusts > 50 mph (estimated or measured)
- Any weather related damage
- Any life threatening event
- Do NOT report heavy rain or lighting
- Identify Yourself
- Report event location, and be as specific as possible
- Report the time of the observation